Because good ole’ traditional pancakes always make it to the ‘All Day Breakfast Menu’.
1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 cup whole milk, , 1 tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoon butter
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix them lightly. Add vanilla extract, oil, water and milk. Whisk to get the consistency of a slightly lumpy batter. Let the batter rest for a few minutes.
- Heat a pan for a few minutes until hot. Melt some butter and add it to the pancake batter. Stir the batter again. You can also add nuts or fruits if you like.
- With a ladle, add a dollop of batter to the heated pan.
- Cook the batter until small bubbles appear on the surface. Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or honey