Khowa is the heart of a sweet dish that is included in almost every sweet.
It is a milk which is evaporated to a solid consistency by thickening it.
In Indian cuisine, khowa is the main dish that is prepared but it’s also available online which you can order easily within a few clicks.
Khowa is used in savory, sweet dishes and desserts. It is slightly oily and has a rich nutty flavor.
In this article, you’ll learn the recipe of Khoya stuffed Matar Tikki Recipe and its description.
The nutritional value of milk is equal to khowa. In comparison to other milk products khowa is good for strengthening the bones and teeth as it consists of calcium.
It also includes Vitamin B due to the presence of riboflavin. It is healthy for building an immune system, energy booster and skin and hair is maintained properly.
Khowa is one of the best sources of vitamin D that helps to maintain calcium metabolism and vitamin k that systematically clots the blood and prevents type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and heart attack.
Checkout below the recipe of khowa stuffed matar tikki
List of Ingredients:
Ingredients for the tikki:
1 1/2 tsp zeera
A pinch of hing (mixed with water)
3 tsp green chillies,
2 tbsp ginger,
Finely chopped 1 bowl peas (de-shelled)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
Add salt as per your taste
2-3 tbsp besan
For the filling:
60-70 gms khoya
2 tsp green chillies,
chopped 3 tsp pista (heaped), chopped1 tsp coriander leaves
oil to pan grill / shallow fry the tikkis
Steps for Making Khowa Stuffed Matar Ki Tikki
- Take a pan and add ghee, zeera, hing water, green chillies and ginger. Mix all these ingredients and fry it for 30 seconds.
- After that add the peas, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Again you have to fry it till the brown shade appears on the outside.
- After all this stuff is cooked then you have to blend the stuff in the mixture.
- Next, you need to add besan to it and make it a stiff mixture.
- Next is khowa, you have to use Abis Khowa in this recipe. Take a bowl and crumble the khowa. Add chillies, pista, coriander leaves and dates. Mix it well.
- Take some quantity of the pea mixture in your hand which you have to hold it into your palm and stuff it with the khoya filling.
- Now, take those stuff tikki and shallow fry those tikkies in a pan and serve with delicious chutney. You can use any chutney as per your choice. I’ll suggest using green chutney or imli chutney.
With this we ended here our khowa stuffed matar tikki recipe. You can share your dish with us.